How to clean a Silk Rug
Silk Rugs Maintenance
- Protect your silk carpet from heavy use and soiling. A silk carpet is a luxury and should be treated accordingly.
- Lightly vacuum as needed. Avoid catching the fringe in the vacuum.
- Inspect your carpet regularly for wear and damage. By turning the carpet frequently, regulate its use to evenly distribute wear.
- If the carpet has sustained structural damage such as holes through the carpet, worn pile, or tattered fringes and edges contact an oriental rug repair specialist.
- If your carpet becomes stained follow these instructions:
- Work fast.
- Blot up excess spill using paper towels or a clean cloth. Do not rub the affected area.
- If the area is not stained, dry it with a fan or hair blower. Restore the pile's direction with a clothes brush.
- If the area has borne a stain, contact an oriental rug repair specialist.
Check out our Pakistani rugs at www.ALRUG.com/pakistani-rugs.html